The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture & Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA = the EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) who wish to pursue a degree in Holland.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2022 (23:59 CET).
Eligible Countries: International
Number of Awards: 17
Value and Duration of Award: The scholarship amounts to € 5,000, € 10,000 or € 15,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies, even if you are enrolled in a two year programme.
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Holland Scholarship, you must;
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Never before have been enrolled at an educational institution in the Netherlands
- Have applied for an international master’s programme at Utrecht University with a start date of September 1, 2022
- Meet the specific entry requirements of the programme
How to Apply: After submitting your application for the Master’s programme non-EU/EEA students have the option to submit an application for the Holland Scholarship from 1 November. You will need to upload the following documents:
- Motivation letter explaining the relevance of your time in the Netherlands and at Utrecht University to your career goals
- A statement of financial resources demonstrating you can cover the remaining cost
Please note that students starting their programme in February are not eligible for a Holland Scholarship.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, you will not be able to apply for the Scholarship in Osiris Online Application.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link ‘New application’.
- Answer the questions and upload your motivation letter and statement of financial resources.
- Submit your application.