The Robert and Christine Danizger Scholarship is awarded to very good up-and-coming doctoral students from Africa (primarily from Ghana or another country in West and Central Africa) who are planning a doctorate at Heidelberg University in the fields of Geoinformatics (or Political Science) and who need help with funding their doctorate.
Application Deadline: 15th July, 2022
Eligible Countries: Ghana and other countries in West and Central Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The amount of the scholarship for doctoral students is 1,200 € per month.
Duration of Award: The award period is generally 2 semesters. An extension is possible on request and if all requirements are met (academic performance, financial hardship, availability of funds) for a maximum period of 2 semesters.
- Applicant must be a very good up-and-coming student from Africa (primarily from Ghana or another country in West and Central Africa), you have performed very well in your studies and are planning to apply for a Master’s programme at Heidelberg University in one of the following fields:
- Geography with a focus on Geoinformatics
- Political Science
- Applicant must be planning to move to Germany for a doctorate at Heidelberg University, on site, or you already live in Germany since you are currently attending a language course to acquire the required language skills.
- Applicant must need help with funding their doctorate.
How to Apply: Please send your application documents by email to [email protected]
Please submit the following application documents during the application period:
- Signed application form
- Current performance records: University diploma that qualifies for a doctorate (original certificate) including the final grade as well as an official translation in German or English and if available, an official conversion of the diploma to the German grading system.
If your university diploma is not available by the end of the application period, it is sufficient to submit a provisional certificate from the university confirming your academic performances, so far (ideally with a grade of all examinations, so far), that states that you expect to complete your course of study by the start of the semester following the application period. Please note that you have to submit your missing certificate by the start of the lecture period.
- Confirmation of acceptance of the doctorate (ps: currently either Prof. Zipf or Prof. Höfle can accept PhD students in Geoinformatics at Heidelberg University)
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation with reference to the topic of the doctorate
- Recommendation letter from a university instructor in the specific field
- Proof of citizenship
- Self-disclosure of revenue and expenditure (part of the application form)
- Evidence confirming the financial situation (pay slip of the parents, own wage slips etc.)
Visit The Official Website For More Information