DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year to applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record. This scholarship opportunity includes monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for Ph.D. candidates.
- the MA in Development Studies (next deadline 20th June 2022, online application is available in the “How to apply” section of the Programme!)
- the Master in Public Administration (next deadline 20th June 2022, online application is available in the “How to apply” section of the Programme!)
- the MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme, next deadline 30 November 2022)
(separate online application platform, access and guidelines via “How to apply” section of the Bochum programme or via the course homepage)
- the different PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC) (There will be no! Call for Scholarship Applications for the 2022 intake!!)
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): School of Government, University of the Western Cape, South Africa and Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany
Type: Masters, PhD
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates.
- Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme.
Duration of Scholarship: for period of the programme
Eligible Field of Study: Scholarships are available for full-time students of
- MA in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- The MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme, next deadline 30 November 2021)
- Ph.D. options at the CDR
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% for their last degree
- Applicants should apply within 6 years of having completed their previous degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognized university
- The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
- South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters’s degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4-year undergraduate degree
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
- Women are encouraged to apply
- South African students are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be able to study full-time at the UWC for the required period.
How to Apply: You will have to fill in an electronic application form (ONLY AVAILABLE during open Calls)! Applications not using this e-form can´t be considered! As the e-form can only be submitted once, please make sure that your application is complete before submitting it!
Documents that have to be uploaded when using the e-form are mentioned in the respecitve “How to apply” sections of each programme!
For additional information on the courses or on registration please write to [email protected]