Benefit of sales promotion and advertisement in promoting organization products (a case study of promasidor Nig Ltd)
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Statement of problems
1.3 Purpose of study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research Question
1.6 Scope of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
3.1 Research Methodology
3.2 Sample Study
3.3 Sample and Sampling
3.4 Sample Techniques
3.5 Research Instrument
3.7 Administration of instrument
3.8 Method of analysis
Data Presentation and Analysis
This study was on Benefit of sales promotion and advertisement in promoting organization products(a case study of promasidor Nig ltd). The total population for the study is 200 staffs promasidor Nig ltd. The researcher used questionnaires as the instrument for the data collection. Descriptive Survey research design was adopted for this study. A total of 133 respondents made managers, production managers, senior staff and junior staff were used for the study. The data collected were presented in tables and analyzed using simple percentages and frequencies
- Background of the study
Nowadays, organization are undergoing fast growth and often disturbing transformation which are due to the information technology and technological advancement currently going on. Sales promotion and advertisement consist of short term incentive to encourage sale and advert of product or services Kotter and Amstrong (2004). Also Dennis (1993) state that sales promotion and advertisement in marking activities other than personal selling and public relation that stimulate consumer purchasing and dealer effectiveness such as display shows etc. Organization profitability on the other hand, is increasing the gain delivered from business or by selling things especially after paying the cost involved. Organization must communicate with their actual potential busters. This is necessary because it you do not say “I am here” nobody will actually know that you are there. There as a group of potential to take place there is need for product differentiation and this is difficult in the communication system. It is very important and sale promotion activities such as price, cut, and trade stamp coupon, premium, context, free trail products e.t.c to source high sales and to encourage users to patronize their products. If an organization has a good and will designed products, it will be very difficult for them to purchase that product and it will be to no value to the society. Many organizations and religious group are nowadays engaging in advertisement and sales promotion and are spending Hug sum of money on them. The reason is the pressure for short term profit, the accountability factors, the change in the market place and the increasing power of retailers and consumer. Organizations are investing money in advertisement and sales promotion which in return generates immediate result in increased profit. Advertisement and sales promotion is therefore noted in this context on how it affects organizations overall profits.
Statement of the problem
Many companies or organization that renders similar services are faced with challenges from their counterparts. For an organization not to be thrown out of business it needs to carry out advertisement and sales promotion which enable it have a share in the market. This study which is carried out in a company “promasidor Nig LTD” will critically examine the following with a view of ascertained whether advertisement and sales promotion can be used as an effective marketing tool. 1. How company’s profitability can be attained and maintained 2. How sales promotion and advertisement will serve as effective tool for companies profitability 3. The relevant of sales promotion/advertisement profitability. 4. How companies can be able to use sales promotion and advertisement.
Objective of the study
The objectives of the study are;
- To ascertain whether sale promotion and advertisement can serve as effective tool for company profitability
- To ascertain how company can use sales promotion and advertisement
- To ascertain whether sale promotion can be used as effective marketing tool
HO: sale promotion and advertisement cannot serve as effective tool for company profitability
HI: sale promotion and advertisement can serve as effective tool for company profitability
HO: sale promotion cannot be used as effective marketing tool
HI: sale promotion can be used as effective marketing tool
Significance of the study
The study has the following significances: 1. It will help the organization to now some advertisement and same promotional tools to use as to improve their profitability. 2. The study will draw the organization and its consumer closer thereby making the organization now their test preferences and wants. 3. This study will equally help management to examine whether advertisement and sales promotion can actually increase their sales volume or not. 4. Finally, the study will help the consumer know the usefulness of consuming the product of the organization
Scope and limitation of the study
The scope of the study covers Benefit of sales promotion and advertisement in promoting organization products (a case study of promasidor Nig ltd). The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
- a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
- b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
SALES PROMOTION: this is a temporary offer of alternative prices and inducement incentive to customers these incentives include offering free sample trade stamps, trade fairs, bonaza’s prices deals etc. (Busarietial 2002)
- ADVERTISMENT: This is commonly defined as any paid form of non-personal presentation and promotion of ideals, goods, or services by an identified sponsor Anyanwu (2000) draw from the three perspective of advertisement (society consumer and business perspectives) and give a more embracing definition. He defined advertisement as “Primary tools in the marketing decision variable firms used to inform, persuade and educated the customers about product offering by an identified sponsor with a view to developing performance for the product and service.
- ORGANIZATION PROFITABILITY: This is the efficient and effective use of scares resources in order to make profit.
- FREE SAMPLE: This is the product given to people to know how the material is and what it can do for them, this is to attract customer to patronize the product and service rendered.
- PROMOTION: This is the third element of the marketing mix. It consists of all the activity used by an organization to bring it service to the favorable attention of customers or consumers.
- MARKETING: This is the performance of business activities that direct the flow of goods and services from the company which is the producer to the consumers or users.
IF YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR TOPIC, CLICK HERE TO HIRE A WRITER»