With the rapid development of modern science and technology, computer technology has penetrated into all fields and becomes the necessary tools for various industries, especially the Internet technology promotion and the establishment of the information highway. It makes the IT industry increasingly shows its unique advantages in the market competition. Into the digital age, there is a huge data information waiting for processing and transmission, which makes the further development and use of the database is particularly urgent. As some small and medium-sized supermarkets in the domestic market, they are falling behind the large and medium-sized supermarkets during the informatization, but for these enterprises’ resource management, information storage and processing also shows the urgent need. To adapt to market competition, it requires efficient handling and management methods, so it is indispensable that accelerate the process of the computerization of supermarket. Small and medium-sized supermarkets has an important position in Chinese economic development. At present, our country has a lot of small and medium-sized supermarkets, regions are widely distributed, and the information level of small and medium-sized supermarkets is still very low. With the development of the technology, the computer operation and management is increasingly simplified, computer knowledge is increasingly popularization. At the same time, the fast changing of market economy and intense competition, it is must become inevitable trend that the supermarket industry uses computer to manage inventory, sales, and many other link. As a small and medium-sized supermarkets, their main business is selling products. But at present a lot of questions exist in the system operation, all sales orders are artificial fill, time-consuming and prone to errors; inventory is artificial bookkeeping and unable to keep track of the most accurate inventory situation; For sales data, it often spend a lot of time and energy to calculate the sales performance of each business membership and each good sales. In order to solve the above problems and improve the economic benefit, we will prepare for computerized management for the supermarket.
1.1 General Overview
Stock management system is the system where all the aspects related to the proper management of stock in the supermarket is done. These aspects involve managing information about the various products, staff, managers, customers, billing etc. This system provides an efficient way of managing the supermarket information. Also allows the customer to purchase and pay for the items purchased.
This project is based on the sales transaction and billing of items in a supermarket. The first activity is based on adding the items to the system along with the rate which are present in the supermarket and the name of the items which the supermarket will agree to sell. This authority is given only to admin (administrator). Any modifications to be done in the item name and the rate can be done only by admin. He also has the right to delete any item. As the customer buys the products and comes to the billing counter, the user is supposed to enter the item name he purchased and the quantity of the item he had purchased. This is not a huge a task.
This study is to produce software which manages the sales activity done in a supermarket, maintaining the stock details, maintaining the records of the sales done for a particular month/year. The users will consume less time in calculation and the sales activity will be completed within a fraction of seconds whereas manual system will make the user to write it down which is a long procedure and so paper work will be reduced and the user can spend more time on the monitoring the supermarket. The project will be user friendly and easy to use.
The system will display all the items whose name starts with the letter selected by the user. He can select out of those displayed. Finally a separate bill will be generated for each customer. This will be saved in the database. Any periodic records can be viewed at any time. If the stock is not available, the supermarket orders and buys from a prescribed vendor. The amount will be paid by deducting the total amount acquired in the sales activity. Admin provides a unique username and password for each employee through which he can login.
1.1.2 The Modules of Operation is stated below
Employee: When a new employee joins the company, his record is saved in the database.
Items: Here the Admin can add any new items present in the supermarket. He also has the right to modify or delete it from the database.
Registration: As soon as the employee joins the company, the admin provides unique username and password to him.
Vendor Order: If the stock is not available, the supermarket orders and buys from a prescribed vendor. The amount will be paid by deducting the total amount acquired in the sales activity.
Stock entry: The items bought from the vendor will be entered here and this will be added to the stock.
Indent Report: This provides the report of the items sold for a particular month/ year and also gives the total amount acquired.
Vendor Report: This provides the report of the items bought from a vendor for a particular month/ year and also gives the total amount spent.
Display: A user can view information regarding Items present in the supermarket.
Logout: This module allows the user to Logout the application. Further operations cannot be performed after user exits.
FUNCTIONS OF THIS SYSTEM:
- This system provides list of various products
- There are various brands information along with the additional details
- There is online application form where customer can choose their respective product.
- There is one important functions provided where the information about the staff can be maintained.
- There is database connectivity provided where each customer detail has been stored.
- The system Provide functions of editing customer details.
- Its Provide functions of editing product details.
- Its Provide functions of editing staff details.
1.2 Statement of Problem
Being a Computer Technology student we had to go into the business department to learn some basic sales and supermarket management topics to increase our intellectual understanding on the project at hand it was really tasking.
Building a standard Supermarket management system was not an easy task looking at the problems of existing manual system
The factors for these difficulties are:
- Time Consumption: Manual systems are time consuming, as the business owner must keep track of Supermarket sales on a daily basis, while updating the system manually at the end of the day.
- Poor Communication: A manual Supermarket system requires employees and managers to write down each time an item is removed from the Supermarket. If one employee forgets to mention that the last coffee product has been removed from the Supermarket, a manager expects the item to still be available for a customer during a sale. Compared with a technical Supermarket system, a manual Supermarket system does not help the communication in the workplace.
- Physical Counts: A manual Supermarket system does not provide any number, as all numbers from the Supermarket are gained through physical Supermarket counts. One of the difficulties of running a manual Supermarket system is that physical Supermarket counts must be performed frequently to control the items in the Supermarket. This is time consuming and can cost the business money, if employees must come in to help out outside of business hours.
- Daily Purchases: Keeping track of daily purchases is another difficult controlling measure with manual Supermarket systems. A manual Supermarket system requires the employees to write down the items sold during a single work day. This can be a difficult task, as one employee may lose the list of items sold or another may forget to write down a sale.
- Ordering Supplies: A manual Supermarket system does not update at the end of the day with updated Supermarket
1.3 Aims and Objective of Study
Aim of study is
To design a Computerized stock Management System for a supermarket to ascertain stock level of a supermarket, when to order for more goods, keep status and updates of transactions, thereby helping progress level, stock taking and managerial decisions,.
The objective are
- To study the functions of Supermarket management system.
- To explore the challenges being faced by the manual system.
- To make a software fast in processing, with good user interface.
- To ensure accurate statistics of product item.
- For Easy record of goods in store and proper identification.
1.3 Scope of Study
This research work covers stock control, management and tends to correct anomalies in Supermarket business. It analyses opening of new stocks, stock updates and ability to view existing ones. It provides quick way of operation by capturing the manual process and automating them. This project is helpful to computerize the item transaction, sales activity record keeping which is a very huge task and maintaining the stock
1.4 Significance of the Study
Stock management, maintenance and control are a vital tool in any business. The tools which management use in its control is of vital importance. To know when to place order for a new item and update current status will depend on how information processing is handled. This paper help provides such tools and helpful in management, control and
1.5 Limitation of Study
Due to time and basic factors like unstable electricity, poor networks, unavailability of concrete business idea and many more this research has been limited to certain areas in supermarket management we only looked more into the supermarket inventory management area.
The main method used for this research work is interview. Data were collected from 5 heterogeneous supermarkets and used as a tool for obtaining facts. About 10 goods were ordered for and were supplied. When they are supplied the update of the stocks including supplier records were being taken from time to time. The Computerized Inventory Management System is designed with the use of Microsoft
Visual Studio and Microsoft Access.
1.7 Definition of Terms
MODULES: This can be described a search of a set of standardized parts or independent units that can be used to construct a more complex structure, such as an item.
ADMIN: This isthe administration of a business, organization,
USERNAME: This is an identification used by a person with access to a computer, network, or online service.
PASSWORD: This isa secret word or phrase that must be used to gain admission to a place.
VENDOR ORDER: This Isa commercial document used to request someone to supply something in return for payment and providing specifications and quantities;
INDENT REPORT: This contains Order for goods (placed often through a local or foreign agent of a foreign supplier) under specified conditions of sale, the acceptance of which by the supplier (or the agent) constitutes a contract of sale.
MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC: Visual Basic is a third-generation event-driven programming language and integrated development environment from Microsoft for its COM programming model first released in 1991.
MICROSOFT ACCESS: Microsoft Access, also known as Microsoft Office Access, is a database management system from Microsoft that combines the relational Microsoft Jet Database Engine with a graphical user interface and software-development tool.
DOWNLOAD COMPLETE WORK NOW[email protected]
IF YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR TOPIC, CLICK HERE TO HIRE A WRITER»