Impact of human resource planning on organizational performance in clan development company Lagos
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Research Hypotheses
1.5 Significance of the study
1.6 Scope and limitation of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
1.8 Organization of the study
2.0 LITERATURE REVIEW
3.0 Research methodology
3.1 sources of data collection
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sampling and sampling distribution
3.5 Validation of research instrument
3.6 Method of data analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
4.2 Data analysis
This research is designed to cover Human Resources Planning in relation to Performance in Private Sector. As a Human Resource Manager, Human Resources Planning are relevant function of management in an organization for the purpose of actualizing set goals and objectives. Human Resources Planning is a process of analyzing an organization Human Resources needs under changing condition and developing the activities necessary to satisfy this needs. Human Resources Planning to aid to find out actual problem affecting management of clan development company using primary and secondary data as a source of information. Good human resources planning is responsible for higher productivity in the private section. There should be regular and adequate personnel planning in organization to cater for lapses or inadequacies were they exist.
- Background of the study
The history of planning is old as man himself planning had started from the ancient era during the primitive period when there were no industries or firms. Planning is a basic function of management thus therefore means that planning pervades all the functional area of management which include personnel, production, research and development, marketing and finance. Through planning organization goals and objective are determined; the resources available must be strategies to achieve the goals and objectives. Planning provide answers to what? How? When? And their relationship to organization activities. In personnel management function, human resources panel is a basic function. Human resources planning is sometime referred to as workforce planning, which is defined as the process of the right number of qualified people into the right job at the right time. To ensure adequate workforce in the organization, management must plan properly, proper planning in this respect involves accurate projection of the future, taking inventory of existing workforce, comparing the force with the existing one and take corrective measure. Productivity means rate of output, degree of result and success which is directly related to profitability and turnover. This research study concentrates on the possible impact of human resources planning on workers’ productivity. The human resources mean the human that are in the organization. Without them there cannot be production. So there is need for the organization to plan well for its human resource. Proper planning enhances the productivity of an organization. How?
- Planning helps to resolve problem of shortage of staff in organization
- It also helps in determining and planning whatever capital, material, equipment and personnel required in an organization in order to achieve organization objectives
- Human resource planning defining the duties and responsibilities of the personnel employed and determining the manner in which their activities are to be interrelated
- Human resource use planning to assess external forces to help the firm deal with environmental uncertainty by mobilizing scare or limited resources to neutralize potential threats.
- Planning make control possible, which is, comparing actual outcome with performance standards and taking corrective action if variance exists
- Human resource planning management development by helping managers to take proactive role in moving the organization toward a future desired state.
Lastly, human resource planning function include staffing, that is acquiring qualified and appropriate number of workers for an organization, to determining and acquiring other resources and proper allocation of these resources. In addition, co-ordination of activities of all members and parts of an organization is another major purpose of human resource planning in order to boost production
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
One of the most serious problems facing clan development company is the acute shortage of qualified resources. The problem of inadequate skilled manpower in Nigeria construction sector could be traced to a number of factors which include the colonial administrative policies which gave the local population more opportunity to develop. Some of the problem faced by the human resources planners is as follows:
- Management of fund, funds kept for the proper planning management of the organization is always converted to their private pocket by the top management.
- As a result of lack of motivation money of our expertise in Nigeria have gone to a board where they will be paid and live in a comfortable house with all kinds of fringe benefits
- The rate of labour turnover is increasing because of lack of facilities in our higher institutions, irrelevance of the educational curriculum to the need of the economic
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study is to find the impact of human resource planning on organizational performance in clan development company Lagos. The specific objectives are;
- To examine the challenges hindering the implementation of human resource planning in clan development company, Lagos
- To examine the benefits of human resource planning to an organizational performance
- To see how human resources planning has change the level of production capacity in the clan development company Lagos
- Are there challenges hindering the implementation of human resource planning in clan development company, Lagos?
- Are there benefits of human resource planning to an organizational performance?
- Has human resources planning change the level of production capacity in the clan development company Lagos?
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: there are no challenges hindering the implementation of human resource planning in clan development company, Lagos.
H1: there are challenges hindering the implementation of human resource planning in clan development company, Lagos.
H02: there are no benefits of human resource planning to an organizational performance
H2: there are benefits of human resource planning to an organizational performance
H03: human resources planning has not change the level of production capacity in the clan development company Lagos
H3: human resources planning has change the level of production capacity in the clan development company Lagos
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is necessitated by the urge and the need for the research, reader and organizations in general to understand the advantages of implementation of human resources on productivity stem that will serve as tool for achieving higher organization productivity. The following are the significance of study to the researcher:
- To serve as guide to corporate individuals, organization and student alike in furtherance to their research on the subject matter
- To help government in the determination of how productive is both public and private sector of the economy
- To serve as a reference material for students who will wish to conduct similar studies on this topic.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers the impact of human resource planning on organizational performance in clan development company Lagos. The study will be limited to clan development company, Lagos
LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint– Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint– The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
- a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING: Human resource planning is a process that identifies current and future human resources needs for an organization to achieve its goals. Human resource planning should serve as a link between human resource management and the overall strategic plan of an organization.
Organizational performance comprises the actual output or results of an organization as measured against its intended outputs (or goals and objectives).
Planning: This is the process managers use to identify, select appropriate goals and courses of action in an organization. They resultant plans that come out of planning process details the goals of the organization and specifies how they are intended to be attained. Like people, organizations can not have it all done, so in a scale of preference, they need to determine their pro-rates and concentrate their time, energy, and other resource to release their aims (Stewart, 2011).
Organization: According to Stewart (2011) “organizations are set up to achieve purposes that individuals to achieve on their own organization they provide a means of working with others to achieve goal….like to determine by whoever is in the best position to influence them… A key characteristic of organization is their complexity”. Individuals in organization, depend on each other’s effort through interactions and which enable them work to words the realization of common goal. Laid down structures however fashion out how 11 they relate to others. It can also be define as a group of people identified with shared interest or purposes, example business or school.
Human Resource Planning: Is defined as a rational approach to the effective recruitment, retention, and deployment of people within an organization including, when necessary, arrangements for dismissing staff. It is therefore concerned with the flow of people through and sometimes out of the organization. It is however not a mere numbers game but rather concerned with the optimum deployment of peoples knowledge, skill creative abilities, etc. and hence qualitative and quantitative. Human resource planning has been defined by Denisi and Griffin(2nd Edition) as „the process of forecasting the supply and demand for human resources within an organization and developing action plans for aligning the two[email protected].[email protected].