Proposal on consumer buying behavior and the influence of advertising
- Project summary
Advertising is a way of communication to encourage an audience for making purchase decisions about a product or service and conveying information to viewers. It is considered as a vital and essential element for economic growth of the markets and business(ryans,1999). Advertising is usually a paid form of exposure or promotion by some sponsor the reaches through various traditional media such as a television, newspaper, commercial radio advertisement, magazine mail, outdoor advertising or modern media such as blogs, websites and text messages (Ahmed and Ashfag, 2013.
The major aim of advertising is to impact on buying behavior, this impact about brand in changed or strengthened frequently through people’s memories. Memories about the brand are formed by associations that are related to brand name in consumer mind (Khan, 2012). These brands continuously influence consideration, evaluation and finally purchases (Romaruk and sharp, 2004). Consumer buying behavior has always been given so much importance and space in the literature study of impact of advertising regarding its effectiveness (Ajzen, 2002). Most of the time consumer’s buying behavior depends on liking or disliking of consumer towards the advertisement of the product advertised (Smith et, al, 2006). A good quality advertisement is likely to influence consumers into buying that product while poor quality advertisement will do the opposite
2.Objective of the study
The following objective will be looked at:
- To ascertain the relationship between advertisement and consumer buying behavior
- To ascertain the relationship between advertisement and enhanced sales and profit level
- To ascertain the relationship between advertisement and consumer buying perception
The following research questions will be answered:
- What is the relationship between advertisement and consumer buying behavior?
- What is the relationship between advertisement and enhanced sales and profit level?
- What is the relationship between advertisement and consumer buying perception?