Performance appraisal is an evaluation done on an employee’s job performance over a specific period of time. It is the equivalent of a report card on employee and how their managers assess their performance over a period of years. Anyone who has worked in more than one department or in more than one company will attest to the fact that not all performance appraisal processes are the same. The varying systems and processes are applicable in many organizations.
In any evaluation of the condition necessary for the growth and survival of an organization, role of performance appraisal is a strategic factor. It is believing that both the individual and the organization need to know how well actual performance is contributing to the accomplishment of the job plans, the staffing plan, and ultimately the overall strategic plan of the organization. Performance appraisal is a formal and systematic assessment of an employee to determine the degree to which the employee is performing his or her job effectively.
It provides employees with constructive on how they are performing in their jobs as viewed by their managers, this leading to increase in productivity.
The research method that will be used for this study is descriptive survey. The comparative analysis will be achieved by means of utilizing t-test statistic for the comparison of mean scores at 0.05 level of significance while, the responses questions were analyzed using mean and standard deviation
- Objective of the study
The following objectives will be assessed;
- To find out the various performance appraisal techniques in an organization
- To identify some common appraisal problems of employees and how proper appraisal can enhance increase productivity
- To examine the implication of performance and productivity in an organization
The following research questions will be answered:
- What are the various performance appraisal techniques in an organization?
- Are there common appraisal problems of employees in an organization?
- What is the implication of performance and productivity in an organization?
IF YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR TOPIC, CLICK HERE TO HIRE A WRITER»