The Effects Of Cost Control Of Cooperative Organization. (A Case Study Of Nigeria Bottling Company).
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1.5 FORMULATION OF HYPOTHESIS
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
1.9 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
2.2 CURRENT LITERATURE ON MODE
2.3 COST CONTROL TECHNIQUES
2.4 COST REDUCTION TECHNIQUES
2.5 EFFECT OF COST REDUCTION
3.0 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.2 RESEARCH DESIGN
3.3 SAMPLE SIZE
3.4 METHOD OF DATA COLLECTION
3.5 SAMPLING TECHNIQUES
3.6 RESTATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
3.7 LIMITATION OF METHODOLOGY
DATA ANALYSIS AND PRESENTATION OF RESULT
4.1 DISTRIBUTION AND COLLECTION OF QUESTIONNAIRE
4.2 TEST OF HYPOTHESIS
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
5.1 SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
1.2 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Control in whatever direction is aimed at ensuring that operation and performance conform to plans, since the aim of any profit making organization is directed towards minimizing cost and maximizing profit control is not possible without planning and planning a complementary control in pointless. In the same vein, cost control in the various activities of project requires firstly planning and secondly control.
Cost control can now be said to mean the comprise between the budgeted. Cost and the actual cost. Studies dealing with potential cost control and cost reduction are very casein of any business is perform and increasing the profitability of the organization
1.3 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Adebayo (2002) revealed that the reason mast business organization fail is due to the fact that they do not put in place the strategic for controlling wastage in term of raw materials. Labour etc. This study therefore evaluates. the effect of cost control and cost control and reduction on the profitability of corporate organization thee use of effective control system is need to unrest the situation and this in the study is aimed at achieving.
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The primary objective of the study is to examine the profitability of co-operate organization using Nigeria bottling company plc.
However the specific objectives of the study are to:
- Examine the relationship between cost control and the profitability of Nigeria bottling company plc.
- Examine the relationship between cost control and the enhancement of productivity.
iii To examine if cost control have any effect on the quality of goods produced.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
The research question is geared toward providing answers to the following question
- Does cost control has any effect on profit?
- Does cost control enhance to productivity?
- Does cost control have effect on the quality of goods produced?
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
- Ho: Cost controls do not have effect on profit
Hi: cost control has effect on profit
- Ho: cost control do not enhance productivity
Hi: cost control enhances productivity
- Ho: cost control do not have any effect on the quality of goods produced
Hi: cost controls have effect on the quality of goods produced
1.6 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
The significant of the study lies on the fact that the finding and subsequent suggestion and recommendation will be of immense benefit to the management of Nigeria bottling company plc. It will help researchers who might be interested in exploiting related area of study finally. Will serve as a reference field for student of business adDmin stratum and other related fields who might want to do a research work on similar topics
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
The term defined so as to bring out their meanings and to distinguish them from other usage
- BUDGET: budget set standards to indicate the level of activity expected from each responsibility persons or decision unit and the amount of resources that level of activity. A budget established the responsibility centre, delegated the responsibility and determines the decision points within or organization.
- COST CONTROL: can be a means of regulating the cost of operating a business and it is concerned with keeping expenditure within acceptable or legal limits
- COST REDUCTION: is the process by which cost is being reduced in an establishment or organization in other to blend with the economic situation of the competitive environment.
- CORPORATE PROFITABILITY: is a way the organisation has attained and maintain the company profit, by not losing it to careless or lack of controlling the cost of raw materials’
- CONTROLLABLE AND UNCONTROLLABLE COST: is defined as a cost that is reasonably subject or regulating by the manager with whose responsibility of what is being identified.
- FEED BACK CONTROL: is defined as a the modification or control of accounting process or system (budget) by is result or effect by measuring the differences between desired and control result’’ (variance).
- CONTROL LIMIT: can be defined as limit in expectoration reporting in quantities or valve outside which special managerial action is triggered
- FEED FORWARD: this can described as a measurement and prediction system assesses the system and predicts the same future date.
- LIMITATION FACTORS: this is the factors, which the extent of its influences responsibility capable fulfilment.
1.8 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The soft the scope of this study focused on the effect of control and cost reduction on the profitability of corporate organisation. This study also covered the soft drink industry with Nigeria bottling company plc select as a case study, the study was constrained by fund and time.
A FUND: There weren’t enough funds for carrying out study.
B TIME: The time given for the submission of this report was two short.
1.9 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE NIGERIA BOTTLING CONPANY PLC
The history of the Nigeria bottling company plc can be traced briefly to the history of coca-cola company. The coca-cola company of the united state of America is a very old organisation. Coca-cola itself as a drink was first brewed and sold at aside foundation in actant GCORGIA, u s a in may, 1886, coca-cola was first named by dr.john stylla pemberton a pharmacist and the name coca-cola was named by frank. M. Robinson who is dr pemberton partner and book keeper, he also designed the following script that distinguishes the famous trademark, the drink was made know to people through dr pemberton advertising trade marketing activities
According to history, coca-cola first came to Nigeria in 1953 when Nigeria bottling company set up its first plant in Lagos precisely at oyingbo but letter moved to apapa. It was to be the beginning of an exciting story of growth and development.[email protected][email protected]